Jul 18, 2018
CIP 240101 (MUSD)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at any public four-year college and university (hereafter referred to as receiving institutions) that offers that program within the minimum number of credits designated by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
The guarantees and limitations below describe the minimum requirements to which all participating institutions have agreed. Students who complete an AA/AS degree and the prescribed curriculum in the articulation agreement and are admitted (with no academic deficiencies that require additional coursework) to a receiving institution participating in this agreement are guaranteed the following:
- Junior standing with no more than 60 [note: this number may vary with specific program covered by agreement] remaining credits to meet the graduation requirements for a baccalaureate degree in the degree program covered by this articulation agreement.
- Completion of the receiving institution’s lower division general education requirements as defined by the GT Pathways (GT) curriculum.
- The same graduation requirements as students who begin and complete this degree program at the receiving institution.
- Beginning fall 2019, admission to all Colorado public baccalaureate awarding institutions (except Colorado School of Mines) will be guaranteed to applicants who have completed any AA or AS degree from a Colorado public two-year institution, provided certain requirements are met. To see these requirements, please refer to the Colorado Commission on Higher Education’s Admissions Standards Policy (Effective for students seeking admission for fall 2019 and after) Section titled “Guaranteed Transfer Admissions.”
- Until the Commission’s new Admissions Policy takes effect fall 2019, completion of the prescribed curriculum in this statewide transfer articulation agreement does not guarantee admission to a participating receiving institution. Students must meet all admission and application requirements at the receiving institution including the submission of all required documentation by stated deadlines. Please note: Students transferring to a University of Colorado institution (Boulder, Colorado Springs, Denver) must satisfy the CU System’s MAPS (Minimum Academic Preparation Standards) requirement.
- Only courses with grades of C- or higher are guaranteed to transfer.
- Admission to a receiving institution does not guarantee enrollment in a specific degree program. Some programs at receiving institutions have controlled entry due either to space limitations or academic requirements.
- The credit and course transfer guarantees described in this agreement apply to the specific degree program covered by this agreement. Receiving institutions will evaluate application of the courses designated in this agreement to other degree programs on a course-by-course basis.
- Students who wish to use credits awarded by exam, such as AP (Advanced Placement), or IB (International Baccalaureate), to fulfill specific course requirements are responsible for consulting with the institution to which they are considering transferring to determine whether the credits they have been awarded by exam meet the standards of the receiving institution for specific course equivalents.
- The receiving institution will accept all applicable credits earned within ten years of transfer to the receiving institution. Credits earned more than ten years earlier will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
Because of the limitations above, students must consult with the Office of Admissions at the institution to which they are considering transferring. Successful completion of an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree with academic designation does not guarantee the degree holder admission to a four-year state-supported institution of higher education; nor does it guarantee the degree holder automatic transfer of credits unless the degree holder has fulfilled the requirements of an existing statewide transfer agreement associated with the degree. No course substitutions will be accepted for the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degrees.
General Education Courses (31 credit hours)
Written Communication (6 credit hours)
Mathematics (3 credit hours)
- GT Any GT Pathways Mathematics course (GT-MA1)
- prefer MAT 120 Mathematics for the Liberal Arts.
Arts and Humanities (6 credit hours)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (6 credit hours)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Social and Behavioral Science courses (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, GT-SS3) *
Note: *CSU - Ft. Collins requires that one of these be PSY 101
Natural and Physical Sciences (7 credit hours)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Natural & Physical Science courses (GT-SC1, GT-SC2). One of these courses must have the required laboratory (GTSC1)
Additional Required Courses (26 credit hours)
Please Note: If these credits are not required for the major at a receiving 4-year institution, they will be applied to the Bachelor’s degree as elective credit towards graduation. Please check with the receiving institution to determine in which way these courses will be applied.
Electives (3 credit hours)
Any additional courses taken in the discipline covered by this agreement might not count toward the requirements of the major at the receiving institution.
Total: 60 credit hours
Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- All courses required for this degree must be completed with a “C” or better to be considered for transfer to another institution.
- No course substitutions will be allowed within this degree.
- To graduate, students must apply for graduation and complete the graduation survey (available via myACC); form available at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation).
- After applying for graduation, all correspondence to a student about the status of their program conferral will be sent to their student email address only.