May 26, 2024  
2017-2018 Arapahoe Community College Catalog 
2017-2018 Arapahoe Community College Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Getting Started

Registration Checklist

1. Apply for Admission

Complete the ACC Application for Admission:

In person: Welcome Center (Littleton Campus), or the front desk at the Parker or Castle Rock campuses

If any of the following categories apply to you, you will also need to include the documents indicated. No additional information is needed for high school graduates, GED holders or high school non-graduates who are 17* years of age or older.

A valid email address is required to apply for admission.  You will be notified at that same email address of your acceptance and residency status after you have completed the application.  Applications for admission are typically processed within three business days.

Transfer Students: If you wish to transfer credits toward a degree, your official transfer transcript must be sent directly from the transfer institution to Admissions and Records, Arapahoe Community College, P.O. Box 9002, Littleton CO 80160-9002. Hand-delivered transcripts will not be accepted as official for transfer credit evaluation purposes.

International Students: You must provide completed International Student Application Form; proof of high school graduation from an accredited high school or GED; completed International Student Affidavit of Financial Support; and proof of English proficiency. A complete packet of information on international student admission is available from ACC’s International Student Advisor at 303.797.5904 and on the website at

High School Students: Several options exist for you to earn college credits while you are still in high school. Please contact the Student Recruitment and Outreach Office at 303.797.5637 to discuss options.

2. Apply for the College Opportunity Fund (COF)

Students classified as residents receive the most discounted tuition rate by applying for, and authorizing, the COF stipend.  For more information about COF, please access the ACC website at, or email

3. Apply for Financial Aid

Apply for Financial Aid by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at If you have questions about the FAFSA, contact the Financial Aid office at, or 303.797.5661.

4. Activate Your Student E-mail

All ACC students enrolled in academic courses are assigned a studet e-mail address and ACC communicates with students via e-mail only through this school-issued e-mail address. Activate your student email account by logging into myACC and following the instructions in your acceptance letter.

5. Complete Assessment

Take the assessment test in the Testing Center (Room M2210); call 303.797.5993 for hours of operation. If you are a first-time college student, are planning to enroll in college-level English or math, or you are a recent high school graduate, you must complete assessment in English and math unless you meet exemption criteria (see Student Resources & Services - Assessment  section of this Catalog for a list of exemption criteria). To receive an exemption, you must present documentation to an Advisor, Testing Center staff or Admissions & Records.

The no-fail, un-timed college placement test assesses your readiness for college-level coursework by measuring skills in reading, English and math. It is required by the Colorado Community College System. Results of the assessment are used in developing a plan for academic success at the College and for initial course selection.

You must present a photo ID when taking the test. There is a charge to take the college placement test. Results are available immediately.

Assessment test accommodations are provided to qualified students with disabilities by contacting Student Access Services (Room M2710 - Main building at the Littleton campus), 303.797.5937, v/tty users should call Relay Colorado at 711.

An appointment is necessary to take the assessment test at the Parker and Castle Rock campuses.  While an appointment is strongly encouraged at the Littleton campus as well, some walk-in testing is available.

To schedule an appointment to take the college placement test, please contact the campus nearest you:

  • Parker Campus     303.734.4822
  • Castle Rock Campus     303.660.3160
  • Littleton Campus     303.797.5993

6. Attend New Student Orientation

All students new to college must attend a mandatory New Student Orientation. Sign-up to attend a New Student Orientation session at

Students who have previously attended college (either at ACC or at another institution) since finishing high school are also invited to attend an New Student Orientation, but are not required to do so.

7. Review the ACC Catalog and Student Handbook

Program requirements and important policy information is detailed in the ACC Catalog. Additionally, information about grievances, student discipline, the student code of conduct, and clubs / groups is provided in the Student Handbook. Both documents are available online at:

Online Catalog:
Online Student Handbook:

8. Meet Your Academic Advisor

Your Academic Advisor will assist you with academic planning, course selection, registration, and career planning.  Call the Advising Office at 303.797.5664 to schedule an advising appointment at the Littleton Campus, call 303.734.4822 to schedule an advising appointment at the Parker Campus, or call 303.660.3160 to schedule an advising appointment at the Castle Rock Campus.

9. Register for Classes

Search and register for courses online through myACC ( It is recommended that you meet with an Academic Advisor prior to registration.

10. Connect with Student Access Services

Visit Room M2710 or call 711 v/tty to request academic accommodations and for specialized consultation if needed. Appropriate documentation is required for accommodations.

11. Pay Your Tuition

Pay for your classes with a credit card online via myACC or with cash, check or credit card at the Cashier’s window (Room M2300 - Main building at the Littleton Campus) by the deadline for each semester.  Payment deadlines and payment plan options are provided on the ACC website at

12. Get Your Parking Pass and Student Photo ID

Parking Permits may be purchased online through myACC ( or in person at the Cashier’s Office (Littleton Campus - Main Building).  Once purchased, the parking permit may be picked up at the Campus Police office (Littleton Campus - Main Building). 

Student Photo ID’s may be obtained at Admissions & Records (Littleton Campus - Main Building), or at the front desk of the Parker and Castle Rock campuses.

13. Buy or Rent your Books

Print a copy of your class schedule online via myACC ( Take your class schedule to the Bookstore (Littleton Campus - Main Building), to purchase your books, or purchase online at

Options for High School Students

Concurrent Enrollment is a program where ACC partners with school districts to offer college classes to high school students. Concurrent enrollment courses may be offered at the high school during the school day, or students may take classes at an ACC campus. Interested students should check with their high school to learn which options are available to them.High school, home schooled and underage (under 17) students not participating in the Concurrent Enrollment program may also take ACC classes. Contact the Student Recruitment and Outreach Office 303.797.5637 (Littleton Campus - Main Building) for more information about these options.


Residency requirements are determined by the Colorado Tuition Classification Law [CRS 23-7-101 et seq. 1973, as amended]. Non-resident tuition represents the cost of your education at public institutions. When a student is classified as a Colorado resident for tuition purposes, the difference between the non-resident and resident tuition is paid by taxpayers of the State of Colorado. Therefore, tuition classification, as mandated by state statute, is adhered to rigorously at Arapahoe Community College.

We classify you as a resident or non-resident student according to the information provided on your Application for Admission. Contact the Admission and Records Office (Littleton Campus - Main Building) for information about required documentation for your residency status. If you are classified as a nonresident, and feel you meet the requirements for Colorado residency, you may appeal your classification. Submit a “Petition for In-State Tuition Classification,” along with the required documentation to the Admissions Manager by the deadline date (30 days from the start of the term) for the semester in which you are seeking a classification change. Contact the Admissions and Records Office for further information at 303.797.5621 or email

Who Qualifies for Resident Status

To qualify for resident tuition, you (or your parents or legal guardian if you are under 23 years old and not emancipated) must have been domiciled in Colorado for at least one year prior to the first day of the semester that you seek residency. Domicile for tuition purposes is determined by two factors:

  1. Your ability to show a permanent place of residence in Colorado, and
  2. Your ability to demonstrate your intent to remain in Colorado.

You can prove your intent by providing evidence of:

  • Paying Colorado income taxes
  • Being permanently employed in Colorado
  • Owning residential Colorado real estate
  • Holding a Colorado driver’s license or vehicle registration
  • Registering to vote

Honorably Discharged Veterans may be eligible for residency. You can submit a copy of your DD-214 to the Admissions and Records Office (Littleton Campus - Main Building) for review.

Resident Status for Active Duty Military

Non-resident active duty military personnel and their dependents may qualify for resident tuition by providing the following documents within 30 days of the start of the semester in which you are enrolling:

  • Certification from your base personnel office that you are on active duty with a permanent duty station in Colorado
  • A photocopy of your military or dependent ID card U.S. Military Service members of TDY (Temporary Duty) orders to Colorado and their dependents qualify for in-state tuition (but not COF) by providing the following documents within 30 days of the start of each semester in which they are enrolling:
  • Documentation of assignment or orders and copy of sponsor’s and student’s Military ID are required Colorado National Guard members and their dependents qualify for in-state tuition (but not COF) by providing the following documents within 30 days of the start of each semester in which they are enrolling:
  • National Guard Certification form and copy of sponsor’s and student’s Military ID are required.

Please re-submit your documentation for each semester that you wish to be classified as a resident. You can submit the above forms to Admissions & Records (Littleton Campus - Main Building) or

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)

WUE is a program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). Through WUE, students in most western states may enroll in many two-year and four-year college programs at a reduced tuition level. WUE’s tuition is considerably less than non-resident tuition.

To be eligible for WUE, a student must be, and remain, a resident of one of the participating states / U.S. Territories: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, or Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands. If you have moved to Colorado in the last 12 months with the intention to attend ACC and plan to return to your home state after your education is completed, you may be eligible for the WUE program. No semesters in which a student is classified as WUE may be counted towards the 12 month domicile requirement to establish Colorado residency. Please be aware that online courses are not eligible for the WUE program.

To qualify, a WUE application form must be submitted no later than 30 days from the beginning of each term in which you are enrolling. The WUE Application form is available online at  Submit the completed form by the deadline to Admissions & Records (Littleton Campus - Main Building) or

Information on WUE is available at Questions may also be emailed to or sent to Student Exchange Programs, Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education, PO Box 9752, Boulder, CO 80301-9752.