Mar 06, 2021
CIP 240199 (CSCD)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at any public four-year college and university (hereafter referred to as receiving institutions) that offers that program within the minimum number of credits designated by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
General Education Courses (33 credit hours)
Written Communication (6 credit hours)
- Any (GT-CO1) course plus any (GT-CO2) course OR
- Any (GT-CO3) course plus any (GT-CO4) course
**ENG 122 or ENG 131 required for Mines
Mathematics (5 credit hours)
Arts and Humanities (6 credit hours)
- Any two GT Pathways Arts & Humanities courses (GT-AH1, GT-AH2, GT-AH3, GT-AH4) (6 credits)
**For transfer to Mines, take PHI 218 AND one additional course GT-AH course from the CSM CCCS H&SS Undergraduate Pre-Approved List
History (3 credit hours)
- Any one GT Pathways History Course (GT-HI1) (3 credits)
**For transfer to Mines, take HIS 247 OR another GT-HI1 course from the CSM CCCS H&SS Undergraduate Pre-Approved List
Social and Behavioral Sciences (6 credit hours)
- Any two GT Pathways Social & Behavioral Sciences courses (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, GT-SS3) (6 credits)
**For transfer to Mines, take ECO 201 and ECO 202
Natural and Physical Sciences (7 credit hours)
- Select from GT-SC1/GT-SC2 courses with at least one GT-SC1 course. GT-SC1/GT-SC2 courses in sequence (same discipline) are recommended (and may be required depending on the receiving institution—consult the advising office).
Courses must be selected in consultation with the advising office from the community college and from the intended transfer institution, if known.
Seven credit minimum; additional credits in this area will be applied toward electives.
**For transfer to Mines, select two courses from PHY 111, PHY 112, and CHE 111
Additional Required Courses (12 credit hours)
Please note: if these credits are not required for the major at a receiving 4-year institution, they will be applied to the bachelor’s degree as elective credit towards graduation. Please check with the receiving institution to determine in which way these courses will be applied.
Required Elective Courses (15 credits)
(including institution-specific required courses listed below)
- MAT 202 - Calculus II: GT-MA1 5 Credits
Required for most Computer Science Programs at most four-year institutions. Consult an academic advisor at the intended transfer institution.
- CSC 165 - Discrete Structures 4 Credits
Required for Colorado State University, Colorado University Boulder, Colorado University Denver, & University of Northern Colorado.
Colorado State University will accept MAT 215 as an alternative to CSC 165.
- MAT 255 - Linear Algebra 3 Credits
Required for Colorado University Boulder
Required for Mines MAT 203 OR MAT 204 (5 Credits)
Total: 60 credit hours
All courses required for this degree must be completed with a “C” or better to be considered for transfer to another Colorado institution. Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- Courses required for this degree must be completed with a “C” or better to be considered for transfer to another institution. Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.