Jul 17, 2019
CIP 240101 (SARD)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at any public four-year college and university (hereafter referred to as receiving institutions) that offers that program within the minimum number of credits designated by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
General Education Courses (31 credit hours)
Written Communication (6 credit hours)
Mathematics (3 credit hours)
- GT - One GT Pathways Math course (GT-MA1)
- prefer MAT 120 Mathematics for the Liberal Arts.
Arts and Humanities (6 credit hours)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Arts and Humanities courses (GT-AH2, GT-AH3, GT-AH4). No GT-AH1 courses.
Social and Behavioral Sciences (6 credit hours)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Social and Behavioral Science courses (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, GT-SS3)
Natural and Physical Sciences (7 credit hours)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Natural & Physical Science courses (GT-SC1,GT-SC2). One of these must have the required Lab (GT-SC1).
Additional Required Courses (21 credit hours)
Please Note: If these credits are not required for the major at a receiving 4-year institution, they will be applied to the Bachelor’s degree as elective credit towards graduation. Please check with the receiving institution to determine in which way these courses will be applied.
Electives (8 credit hours)
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60.
Any course in the following prefixes
- Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics, Independent Study, Capstone, and Internships:
ANT, ART, BIO (100 OR above), CHE, HIS, HUM, LIT, MUS, PED, PHI, PHY (105 OR above), POS, PSY, SOC.
Students planning to transfer to CSU-FC for completion of the BA in Studio Art must complete 2 semesters of one foreign language for their electives OR be able to pass the CSU-FC Foreign Language placement exam at the sophomore level. It may not be possible to complete the BA in Studio Art in two years without this prior foreign language competency.
Any additional courses taken in the discipline covered by this agreement might not count toward the requirements of the major at the receiving institution.
Total: 60 credit hours
Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- All courses required for this degree must be completed with a “C” or better to be considered for transfer to another institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.