Jun 25, 2019
CIP 240101 (ENGD)
The purpose of a statewide articulation agreement is to identify the courses a student at a Colorado public community college must complete as part of an AA/AS degree to be guaranteed to be able to complete the designated baccalaureate degree program at any public four-year college and university (hereafter referred to as receiving institutions) that offers that program within the minimum number of credits designated by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
For more information about this transfer degree please refer to the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
General Education Courses (34 credit hours)
Written Communication (6 credit hours)
Mathematics (3 credit hours)
- GT - One GT Pathways Mathematics course (GT-MA1)
- prefer MAT 120 Mathematics for the Liberal Arts
Arts and Humanities (9 credit hours)
- GT - Three GT Pathways Arts and Humanities courses (Note: GT-AH2 Literature courses will not be accepted to fulfill this requirement)
Social and Behavioral Sciences (6 credit hours)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Social and Behavioral Science course (GT-SS1, GT-SS2, GT-SS3)
Natural and Physical Sciences (7 credit hours)
- GT - Two GT Pathways Natural & Physical Science courses (GT-SC1, GT-SC2). One must be with laboratory (GT-SC1)
Additional Required Courses (18 credit hours)
Arts and Humanities - Literature (LIT) Courses
Note: Students are required to take 5 Literature courses, 4 of which must be at the 200-level. Please consult your receiving institution regarding best choices for Literature courses.
Please Note: If these credits are not required for the major at a receiving 4-year institution, they will be applied to the Bachelor’s degree as elective credit towards graduation. Please check with the receiving institution to determine in which way these courses will be applied.
Electives (8 credit hours)
Elective credit must be completed from the following lists of approved prefixes or courses to bring the total credit hours to 60.
Any course in the following prefixes
- Any course in the following prefixes except Special Topics, Independent Study, Capstone, and Internships:
ANT, ART, BIO (100 OR above), CHE, HIS, HUM, LIT, MUS, PED, PHI, PHY (105 OR above), POS, PSY, SOC.
Any additional courses taken in the discipline covered by this agreement might not count toward the requirements of the major at the receiving institution.
Total: 60 credit hours
Transferability of courses to colleges or universities outside of Colorado is determined by the receiving institution.
- All courses required for this degree must be completed with a “C” or better to be considered for transfer to another institution.
- Apply for graduation online at www.arapahoe.edu/graduation.